City Home > News
Trick-or-Treating - Happy Halloween!
It's that time of year again when all of the ghosts, goblins, princes, princesses and other great characters come out and wander the community in hopes of receiving their favorite special treat!
Trick-or-Treating hours are as follows for the City:
Downtown TC Merchants -Saturday, October 29 - 10:00 AM until 11:30 AM
Entire City - Monday, October 31 - 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM (We ask that all City resident households participating in trick-or-treating to turn on their porch lights promptly at 5:00 PM and turn them off promptly at 8:00 PM or when the candy is gone, whichever comes first.)
Halloween Safety Recommendations:
- Use make-up or face paint instead of masks, but if masks are used, make sure they fit properly and have holes large enough for mouth and eyes.
- Choose costumes that are marked flame retardant.
- Wear light-colored clothing at night, short enough to prevent tripping. Add reflective tape or reflectors to dark colored costumes.
- Make props such as daggers or swords out of cardboard, rather than metal or wood.
- Give and accept wrapped or packaged candy only.
- Have children bring treats home for adult inspection before they are eaten.
- Adults should accompany small and elementary school age children when they are trick-or-treating and send older children in groups.
- Go out in daylight and carry a flashlight in case of delay.
- Have children stay within the neighborhood; only visit homes you know.
- Watch for traffic.
- Keep costumed children away from pets. The pet may not recognize the children and become frightened.
The City wishes everyone a Happy Halloween!