City Home > News
Quick Safety Reference for the 4th of July Holiday Weekend
PRESS RELEASE – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Subject: QUICK SAFETY REFERENCE FOR 4th OF JULY HOLIDAY WEEKEND
From: Benjamin Marentette, City Clerk
Issued: Friday, June 30, 2017
To ensure a safe and enjoyable Holiday weekend, here is a quick reference of City-specific regulations to follow:
- No fires on any City beaches.
- Adhere to specific life jacket regulations as stated by the Coast Guard on East Bay, West Bay and Boardman River (http://uscgboating.org/recreational-boaters/life-jacket-wear-wearing-your-life-jacket.php)
- Boaters: from Clinch Park east to the Boardman River is a no wake zone.
- Boaters: no boats may be on shore within 50ft of any swim area.
- No jumping/diving from any bridges in the City.
- Union St. Dam is a low head dam; please abide by the posted warnings and stay away from the area while on tubes, kayaks, canoes, etc.
- Boaters must be 1,000ft or more from fireworks barges
- No setting off any fireworks in City parks.
- For more information - City Ordinance (http://www.traversecitymi.gov/downloads/690.pdf)
- Floating lanterns are prohibited within City limits for the safety of air traffic.