Register to Vote
Registering to Vote is easy and convenient!
You will need to be:
At least 18 years old by the date of the next election;
A citizen of the United States
A resident of Michigan
- A resident of the city or township in which you are applying to register to vote.
You may register to vote at:
- All Secretary of State Branch Offices
- Various State Offices such as the Department of Human Services, Department of Community Health, and the Department of Labor and Economic Growth.
- The County Clerk's Office
- The Local Clerk's Office of the City/Township you live and wish to register
- Military Recruitment Centers; or
- Complete the online form and mail to your County Clerk's Office; mailing information located on the form.
This page last updated on 9/1/2017.