City Home > Your Government > Elections > Request an Absentee Ballot

Request an Absentee Ballot

To receive an absentee ballot for a given election, please fill out the  Absent Voter Application and return it to the Traverse City City Clerk on the First Floor of the Governmental Center, 400 Boardman Avenue, Traverse City, MI 49684 or by email at

If you would like to receive an application for absentee ballot prior to each election, please complete the  Permanent AV Request Form and return it to the City Clerk's Office at the above mentioned address. 

Are you an active-duty member of the Armed Forces, Merchant Marine, Public Health Service, NOAA, or a United States citizen living outside of the U. S. for work, school or other reason? Track your Absentee Ballot.

Persons who can legally be in possession of an absent voter ballot issued to an absent voter are limited to the absent voter; a person who is a member of the absent voter's household and who has been asked by the absent voter to return the ballot; a person whose job it is to handle mail before, during, or after being transported by a public postal service, express mail service, parcel post services, or common carrier, but only during the normal course of his or her employment; and the Clerk, assistants of the Clerk, and other authorized election officials of the City, Township, Village or school district. Any other person in possession of an absent voter ballot is guilty of a FELONY. PURSUANT TO STATE LAW, A FRIEND WHO DOES NOT LIVE WITH YOU OR NEIGHBOR MAY NO LONGER RETURN YOUR ABSENT VOTER BALLOT FOR YOU.

This page last updated on 2/14/2020.