City Home > News
March 16 City Commission Meeting I Near-future meetings of other city boards and committees
Statement from City Clerk Benjamin Marentette:
This evening’s City Commission meeting will be held (see the media release from yesterday, attached, indicating preventative measures people can take to view and participate in Commission meetings without spreading COVID-19). While the meeting will be held, in an effort to minimize the amount of business that is necessary to be conducted at the City Commission meeting this evening and due to the fact that two members of the Commission will not be present this evening, the following items will be removed from the agenda at the beginning of the meeting:
- Item B-4 (amendment to the agreement with TC Paddle, LLC, to extend its agreement through the 2020 season and allow for the use of American Legion Park, if necessary, because of construction) – rescheduled for April 6, 2020
- Item B-9 (scheduling two separate public hearings for two separate grant application requests to the Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund) – rescheduled for March 23, 2020
- Item C-3 (introducing ordinance amendments to disallow vacation home rentals in certain districts) – rescheduled for April 6, 2020.
- Item C-4 (authorizing various actions for the purchase of 115 Pine Street for the purpose of constructing a 58’-tall public parking structure) – rescheduled for April 6, 2020
- Item E-2 (authorizing the placement of the city’s winter 2020-2021 salt order) – rescheduled for March 23, 2020.
Finally, the city will be evaluating which public board and committee meetings must take place in order to carry on essential, key government functions. Expect a number of meetings to be canceled in the coming weeks.