City Launches New Website
The City of Traverse City has launched a new website. The project was initiated through a Request for Proposal in August 2021. A local vendor, Flight Path Creative, was selected and approved for the project by City Commission in October 2018.
“As part of our quest to drive up transparency, engagement and customer service, in fall of 2021, the City engaged a professional services partner for the redesign and reconfiguration of the website for optimized functionality and usability for enhanced transparency and communication. Communications Specialist Colleen Paveglio led the effort to build the city's new website, working with our professional services partner. Launching a new website with the amount of content and the audiences we need to effectively reach is a significant undertaking. I applaud Ms. Paveglio for her fantastic work. Now that we have a new foundation, we will continue to evolve the level of service that is provided to our online customers,” says City Clerk Benjamin Marentette.
Highlights of the Scope of Work are following:
- Navigation - Reorganization of current content with the addition of new content by creating dropdown menus or other organizational tools with option to Navigation search for entire site on homepage and name anchors on applicable pages
- Modern Design– Develop an engaging design that promotes navigational ease
- Alerts & Notifications – Display alerts prominently with the ability to send via email or text to subscribers
- News/Project/Programs – Prominently display news items and upcoming/current projects/programs
- Department Pages - Develop departmental pages that better organize each department, more robust departmental pages, and top navigation with drop down menus for Police, Fire, Hickory
- Site Search – Internal site search engine and log of search terms
- Communication Engagement - Opportunities for online community engagement and subscriptions for e-newsletter
- Software Integrations
- Responsive Web Design
- Calendar – update/publish calendars for permitted events, public meetings, and related items
- ADA Compliance - Create an ADA compliant website
“Our goal was to create a service forward website with a unique design for navigational ease that demonstrates our special community and creates brand identity for future communications. We are pleased to have achieved our goals that were developed through the scope of work and look forward to utilizing the new features to better engage with the City's constituents, and provide education on City services, projects, and programs,” says Communications Specialist Colleen Paveglio.