Grand Traverse Commons Joint Planning Commission
The Joint Planning Commission is established for the purpose of exercising the powers and duties of a planning commission under the Municipal Planning Act, MCL 125.31 et seq. ("the Planning Act").
The Joint Planning Commission replaced the Grand Traverse Commons Redevelopment Corporation Board of Directors as of April 30, 2007.
- Two members of the City Planning Commission appointed by the City Commission.
- Two members of the Charter Township of Garfield Planning Commission appointed by the Charter Township of Garfield Township Board
- One member appointed jointly by the City Commission and Charter Township of Garfield Township Board
The Commission consists of 6 members who serve three-year terms ending May 14th :
- Two members of the City Planning Commission appointed by the City Commission (must be City Planning Commissioners in order to be on the board)
- Two members Garfield Township Planning Commission appointed by the Garfield Township Board (must be Garfield Township Planning Commissioners in order to be on the board)
- One member appointed by the City Commission
- One member appointed by the Garfield Township Board Vacancies occurring shall be filled by the entity having appointed the vacated position.
Vacancies shall be filled within 30 days of the vacancy for the remainder of the unexpired term.
(Garfield Planning Commission Rep.)
5138 Silver Cove Dr., TC 49685
Initial Apt. Date: 12/13/2016
(City Commission At-Large Appointee)
519 5th Street, TC, 49684
Initial Apt. Date: 6/21/2021
(Garfield Planning Commission rep.)
3700 Jefferson, TC, 49684
Initial Apt. Date: 12/11/2008 (Partial Term)
(City Planning Comm. Rep)
400 Boardman Ave., TC 49684
Initial Apt. Date: 12/20/2021
(City Planning Commission Rep)
655 Orchard Dr., TC 49686
Initial Apt. Date: 05/07/2018 (effective 05/14/18)
(Garfield Twp Board At-Large Appointee)
1739 Cass Road, TC, MI 49685
Initial Apt. Date: 07/13/2021