City Home > Your Government > City Contacts

Who Should You Contact?

How do I obtain public records? 
My water lines are frozen, who do I contact? 
  • Contact the Water and Sewer Department at (231) 922-4923.
Who should I contact regarding the 8th Street Restriping Project? 
  • Contact the City Planning Department at (231) 922-4778. 
Would you like to give feedback on an event held in the City of Traverse City?
Experiencing Power Outages? 
  • Contact Traverse City Light and Power at (231) 922-4940, option #2 
Snow Removal Questions? 
  • Contact the Department of Public Services at (231) 922-4900
Leaf Pickup?
  • Contact the Department of Public Services at (231) 922-4900
Paying a Parking Ticket? 
  • Contact Traverse City Parking at (231) 922-0241
Emergency Contact for Sewer-Backup before or after business hours? 
Emergency Contact for Drinking Water-related emergencies before or after business hours? 
Parking Problems on City Streets?
  • Contact Traverse City Parking at (231) 922-0241
Downed tree limbs on City property?
  • Contact the City Parks Division at (231) 922-4900
Reporting a pothole on a City Street? 
  • Contact the City Streets Division at (231) 922-4900
Obtaining a Birth Certificate, Death Certificate or Doing Business As License? 
  • Contact the County Clerk for vital records at (231) 922-4760
Principal Residence Exemption Questions? 
Driver's License Questions?
  • Contact the Secretary of State's Office at (888) 767-6424 
Need to obtain a Dog License? 
  • Contact the County Treasurer at (231) 922-4735
Need to obtain City Commission meeting correspondence and information? 

For general inquiries please contact the information desk at (231) 922-4700.  



This page last updated on 10/28/2019.